Dog Leads & Collars
Dog Leads & CollarsMake walkies easy
Here are some helpful tips for choosing the right dog lead & collar for your dog:
SizeYou need to consider circumference and the width of the material. Wide collars are best for stronger dogs that pull so they dig in less; narrower ones however may sit better on a dog's neck. The dog collar's circumference should be big enough to be able to fit 2 fingers inside of it when it is on the dog. The right size will also ensure the lead is comfortable for your dog.
LengthThe length of your lead will depend on how well trained your dog is but also where you tend to walk. If you often walk alongside busy roads then you will want a shorter lead or adjustable lead to allow you to keep your dog closer.
MaterialYou are looking for the balance between comfort, durability and weight here. Heavy collars may bother some dogs, some mind less, thicker collars will generally last longer but a Light -Weight Nylon Design is still strong enough while also being light enough for most Small and Medium breed dogs. If your dog likes to chew on things make sure the material is thick enough to last longer.
Retractable or not?Trained dogs work well with retractable leads. Younger or untrained dogs will need more guidance and a non-retractable lead will stop them from pulling. Retractable leads will give your dog more freedom to explore its surroundings and are ideal for parks and greens that are too close to busy roads to let them off the lead entirely.
VarietyIf you are unsure what lead would suit your dog best, you may also opt to have several types of leads. Retractable ones work best in open and large spaces whereas leads that offer more control can be used in the city or in places with high traffic.
Finally, when walking your dog do not forget to:
Lead by walking in the front: Ideally your dog should be behind or beside you to allow you to guide them more easily.
Reward your dog: Good behaviour deserves to be recognised. Let your dog explore and sniff a bit around.
Take the time for your walk: Walking can be both relaxing and good exercise for you and your dog. There's no need to rush: take the time to walk slowly and enjoy the company of your canine companion. A wide range of Leads & Collars for your dog:
- Flexi Retractable Leads: retractable leads for dogs from flexi come in several sizes & lengths: XL, L, M, and S.
- Nylon Leads: lightweight and colourful while still durable, nylon leads can be a good basic lead for your dog.
- Leather Leads: a strong and reliable material that also looks good, leather is a good material for city walks.
- Reflective Leads: safety always comes first and these leads are ideal for night walks in areas with lots of traffic.
- Lead & Collar Sets: matching collar & lead sets make it easy for you to choose the best one for your dog.
- Training Collars: including anti-pull collars, these collars are designed for training your dog in a humane way.
- Nylon Collars: find matching & colourful nylon collar for your nylon lead.
- Leather Collars: in several colours, these collars for dogs are elegant & durable.