Plastic Dog Kennels
Plastic Dog KennelsDurable designs with a difference!
A plastic dog kennel can be a great alternative to traditional wooden options, made from durable, waterproof material that offers the perfect home for your dog. They are weather resistant all year round, helping to offer your dog optimum conditions no matter what the weather is doing.
Another benefit of plastic dog kennels is that they are hygienic and easy to clean. The smooth surface means that germs and mould struggle to grow and can be easily removed if they do, so you can be sure your dog is not being exposed to unwanted bacteria. This means that a plastic dog kennel can be a great option if your dog is sensitive or particularly prone to illness or allergies.
Plastic dog kennels will also be the perfect choice for you if your dog loves to play in the mud! If the kennel gets particularly muddy after long winter walks or boisterous play, you can simply hose it down and towel it dry, meaning you can ensure your dog always has a clean and pleasant environment to sleep and relax in. The range of plastic dog kennels here at zooplus feature ventilation slits to ensure your dog does not overheat and can get enough air circulating through the kennel to keep it happy and dry. Some also feature mesh vents, to add extra ventilation and comfort, particularly during warmer weather.
The premium plastic dog kennels available at zooplus are great for both indoor and outdoor use. They are easy and quick to assemble, made from quality plastic that will protect your dog and offer a simple, effortless solution to your dog’s housing needs. Plastic dog kennels require less upkeep than wooden dog kennels, as they do not need to be treated regularly, although they should still be situated out of direct sunshine or weather.
Some important things to look out for when buying a plastic dog kennel:
- Size: If possible, measure your dog's height from paw to head, and then do the same from head to the tip of its tail to get its full length. The size of the kennel should exceed the height & length of your dog by enough to allow them to turn and stand. The small dog kennel, size S, is for smaller breed dogs, M & L for average size dogs, and XL or XXL for the largest breeds: it is well worth checking how big your dog may become if they are still growing.
- Insulation: an excellent way to protect your dog from colder weather conditions. You can choose from simple mats or all round insulation that covers the kennel's walls and floor. It can be added in the colder winter months and simply removed in the summer.
- Roof Type: Choose between a pitched or flat roof. Pitched roofs are more comfortable for larger dogs whereas flat ones can suit smaller dogs better.
- Assembly: Choosing a kennel that is easy to assemble will save you time, many of our kennels have instructions available to view prior to purchase.
- Extras: Some dogs do prefer the extra comfort of a roofed patio to rest, especially in the warmer months, where they can enjoy the shade and the breeze.
Once you find the correct kennel for your dog, don't forget to:
Keep It Clean: Hygiene is important to keep your dog healthy and the kennel odour-free. Check regularly and see if it's necessary to clean it.
Air insulation materials: If you use an insulation mat, air it frequently to avoid accumulating odours and dog hair.
Browse the full selection of plastic dog kennels available at zooplus!
As with wooden dog kennels, plastic dog kennels are available with pitched or flat roofs, both of which will keep your dog cosy and comfortable against extremes of weather. The choice is yours!
Browse the full selection of dog kennels and flaps available here at zooplus!Back to the top