Geometric scratching post wrapped in strong jute rope, with two ferret-shaped cat toys filled with cat powder (Actinidia polygama), for exciting playtimes! Size (L x W x H): 29 x 29 x 48 cm
This jute covered scratching post will fascinate your cat! This space-saving accessory’s sturdy jute wrap is ideal for claw sharpening, whilst the two ferret-shaped soft toys are covered in long hair plush and filled with Silver Vine (Japanese catnip) powder, to entice your cat to play and snuggle.
Silver Vine (Actinidia polygama) – also known as cat powder – is made from the leaves of the non-toxic matatabi plant. This plant is part of the kiwi family and grows in the mountainous regions of Japan and China. It is used in foodstuffs, cosmetics and pharmaceutical products, and it is also well known that it can induce a state of euphoria in cats, in much the same way as catnip and baldrian. Cats typically experience a heightened sense of wellbeing when they come into contact with Silver Vine, as well as reduced inhibitions, leading to them licking, rolling on or rubbing their chins and cheeks against toys that have been filled with even a small amount of the substance. The effects last 5-30 minutes and can be used as a distraction at times of particular stress or unease.
Silver Vine Scratching Post at a glance:
Product usage advisory:
- Small scratching post with two ferret-shaped soft toys are covered in long hair plush and filled with Silver Vine
- Wrapped in durable jute rope: ideal for claw sharpening and climbing
- 2 ferret-shaped soft toys are attached to the post, both filled with Silver Vine powder (Actinidia polygama) made from leaves from the non-toxic matatabi plant: the powder has a similar effect to catnip and baldrian, giving your cat a feeling of euphoria and playfulness
- Irresistible aroma that cats experience very intensively: for a heightened sense of wellbeing, lots of fun and uninhibited play
- Base plate covered in woven material with rubber foam feet
- Colour: brown
- Total dimensions (L x W x H): 48 x 29 x 29 cm
- Base plate covering: 10% polyester (woven fabric)
- Scratching post wound with 100% jute rope
- Toy ferrets (each measuring approx. 26 x 8 x 5cm (L x W x H)): 60% acrylic, 40% polyester (long hair plush)
- Filling: Silver Vine powder (actinidia polygama) made from Matatabi leaves
Silver vine can have a very stimulating effect on cats. We therefore recommend only giving the toy to your cat for short periods of time, to prevent overstimulation.
As an added safety measure to support any cat tree as well as to prevent it accidentally tipping, we recommend using a wall bracket to secure the cat tree. You can purchase the wall bracket from zooplus. Please click here for further information: Cat Tree Wall Bracket
. Please check the product regularly for any damage, loose joints or screws and replace the item when it becomes defective to avoid any harm coming to your pet.
Tips for fixing to the wall:
Check that the condition of the wall in the desired place is suitable before affixing brackets to the wall. Materials for mounting brackets are not included. We recommend that you purchase screws and wall plugs that are specifically designed to suit your wall from a specialised shop. Use special wall plugs and screws for concrete, hollow walls or plasterboard. Check the stability of the cat tree before allowing your cat to use it. Check the stability regularly and tighten the screws when needed.
This product is intended for indoor use only.