Feeding is one of the ways that pet owners show their love and establish an emotional bond with their pet. But feeding and indulging your pet too much can lead to weight problems that you might not notice at first.
Around 55% of dogs and cats are overweight, but 90% of pet owners with an overweight pet don’t realise it. It can be hard to recognise weight issues, but even a few extra pounds can put pets at risk for health problems, like diabetes, arthritis and reduced mobility.
Through intensive research on dog and cat biology, Hill’s has identified some of the contributing genetic factors of obesity and formulated nutrition to help pets maintain a healthy weight — so it’s easy to feed the love, while helping your pet lose weight.
Hill's PRESCRIPTION DIET Metabolic
• 88% of pets lost weight at home in 2 months
• Helps avoid weight regain after loss
• Supports vitality and holistic health
Hill's SCIENCE PLAN Perfect Weight
• Tasty, clinically proven nutrition to reach and maintain a healthy weight
• Aids safe & effective weight loss with visible results within 10 weeks
• Supports lean muscle mass
NEW: Hill's SCIENCE PLAN Perfect Weight & Mobility
● Promotes healthy weight management and normal mobility
● With beneficial omega-3 rich fish oil
● Source of glucosamine & chondroitin
Hill's SCIENCE PLAN Light
• Complete and balanced nutrition to help maintain a healthy weight
• Helps satisfy hunger between meals
• Balanced minerals to support vital organs
Hill's SCIENCE PLAN Sterilised Cat
• Clinically proven to help cats stay slim and active
• Controlled levels of minerals to promote good urinary tract health
• Low fat content and increased levels of L-lysine to support vitality
Many people are unaware of what being overweight looks like
Like humans, weight gain can happen gradually for pets, which makes it difficult to tell when your dog or cat has reached a point where their weight has become a health risk. Diabetes, arthritis and fatigue could all be related to weight gain in pets.
For overweight or obese pets
Vet recommended nutrition that stimulates the metabolism of overweight and obese pets to burn fat instead of storing it. Hill's Prescription Diet pet food also helps prevent weight regain after weight loss.
For healthy pets requiring nutrition for weight maintenance
Hill's Science Plan provides nutrition that aids clinically proven, safe and effective weight loss and long term weight management.
Nutrition led by science and loved by pets
Hill's science-led nutrition is formulated to anticipate pets' ever-changing nutritional needs. Developed by vets, nutritionists and food scientists, Hill's is vet-recommended pet food, scientifically formulated for pets' unique needs, at every lifestage.
Home to our #1 taste testers
Hill's global Pet Nutrition Centre is where we care for 900+ dogs and cats to help us better understand pets' biology and optimise our ingredients accordingly — so your pet has the best nutrients for their best life.
Food, shelter & love
The Hill’s Food, Shelter & Love programme has helped more than 12 million shelter pets find forever homes, provided more than €284M in food and partnered with over 1,000 animal shelters worldwide since 2002.