Feliway® acts as a synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone cats use to mark their territory as safe and secure. It helps your cat to adapt to changes and may eliminate many behavioural issues.
When cats are stressed or unsure they often become frightened or aggressive. Feliway® Diffusers help your cat to feel secure and happy, even in different surroundings or changed situations. When a cat feels safe in its environment, it will deposit pheromone (scent) marks on furniture or other prominent objects. These marks convey a message of well-being and a feeling of safety. Feliway® mimics the cat’s natural facial pheromones to create a state of familiarity and security in the cat's local environment. As soon as you plug the diffuser into a socket in the room and it starts to distribute pheromones into the air. The vial will last for about 4 weeks in an area 50-70 m².
Feliway® is available as a diffuser and as a spray and both can be used to make your cat feel safe and secure. It can help to calm your cat if it is showing symptoms of stress and to reduce stress when there is disruption to your cat’s environment. It is also ideal when integrating a new cat into a multi cat household.
Feliway® at a glance:
- Contains synthetic copy of the feline facial pheromone F3
- Available as a diffuser and as a smaller, spray version for when you are out and about
- Ideally start to use Feliway® about 1 week prior to any event which may stress your cat. Continue to use it for at least 4 weeks after the event
- When training your cat continue to use Feliway® for a further two weeks successful completion
- Also suitable for long-term use
- Reduces stress and creates a feeling of safety and well-being in unfamiliar situations
- Use as a preventative measure in new environments (when moving home, transporting your cat, when staying away from home)
- Ideal as a preventative measure against spray and scratch marking
- Helps to calm cats which are noise sensitive or stressed
- Suitable as an integration aid in a multi-cat household
- No side effects
- Doesn't cover up nasty odours
- Odourless to people and other animals
- Feliway® doesn't leave any marks or stains
- Feliway® is suitable for cats of all ages and also for sick cats
The Feliway® Diffuser is easy to use:
- Remove the vial cap and screw the diffuser onto the vial and gently tighten.
- Plug the diffuser with vial into a socket in the room where your cat is marking or where it likes to be.
- Make sure when plugging the Feliway® diffuser in, that the vial is beneath the diffuser
- Important: Please make sure that the diffuser is not covered by furniture or curtains, as this can run the risk of building up blockages, which may prevent the pheromones from dispersing in the room properly.
- Once plugged in the diffuser immediately starts to distribute the pheromones into the circulating air.
- In large homes, or if your home is on more than one storey, you should plug in several Feliway® diffusers.
- Leave the Feliway® diffuser plugged in for at least 4 weeks
- A 48ml vial will last about 4 weeks in an area approx. 50-70 m².
- If you cat continues or starts to mark while the Feliway® diffuser is plugged in, please do not punish or tell your cat off. This will only stress your pet out even more.
- If your cat persistently marks you can reinforce the effect of the Feliway® diffuser with the Feliway® spray.
- Always consult your vet if your cat is showing signs of stress. Your cat's problem may be of a clinical origin and may require further treatment.
- Please read the instructions before use.
- Keep out of reach of children and pets.
- Do not spray in the eyes, or on open wounds. If you get any in your eyes, rinse immediately with water and consult a doctor
- If you should accidentally swallow any of the liquid please get immediate medical advice and show the product label.
Please note the following important delivery details:
- Delivery is exclusively to mainland UK. We are currently unable to deliver these products to a small minority of UK postcodes, including offshore islands, the Scottish Highlands, the Channel Islands and Northern Ireland.
- This product is only for domestic use and may not be sold for commercial use.
Recycling is a great way to help protect our environment.
Find out how to dispose of used batteries and electrical items (WEEE)
zooplus AG is a member of the European Recycling Platform WEEE & Battery Compliance Scheme.