I bought this litter as a substitute as the usual litter was sold out. The litter does clump really well but it tracks through the house. Another problem is that it sticks to and in between the pads of my cat.
Too sticky and clumpy
I have bought this for a while but I’m not sure what’s happened. I use a litter robot and notice the clumps are huge and stick to the base of the robot like cement, it used to clump and drop into the box on cycle it no longer does that
Not as good as 1 year ago
This is great litter but lately the gradual size has reduced and hence tracking has increased. Some days I’ve had to clean between my cats paws something I’ve never had to do before. Tigerino, please increase the grain size.
I agree with Anita’s review below. I noticed the same. Litter used to be very fine and smell was very nice but now it’s a bit rough and when I scoop the balls fall apart... I will give last chance to litter with different smell. If the problem is the same I think it’s time to find new brand...
As cat litter goes it works okay not as good as the golden grey. Clumps are very sticky. Main issue was the awful smell - i bought lavender scented by mistake - I found the "scent" very sickly so had to ditch it in the end.
I'm still not sure
I have 2 cats and it works great with them, no bad smell suuuuper clamping and easy to clean. most of the review are complaining because the tray is very difficult to clean, but I didn't find this problem. however, the "complain" that I have for this litter is that I find sand everywhere even with a mat to catch litter. So I'm not 100% satisfied
Was expecting miracles
After reading all the great reviews on here I was expecting to find, at last, the best ever cat litter! But how wrong was I? I'm so disappointing with this product. Firstly it's like fine sand so I had to purchase a fine cat litter scoop. I put loads in the tray (15cm) which makes it sooo heavy, and my cats wee still manages to soak through to the bottom getting stuck on the bottom of the tray. It's a military effort cleaning it each evening and I seem to spend about 10 minutes sifting and panning for cat poo and wee, urgh. Topped off my the most horrendous smell which makes me gag. It's a week tomorrow I filled it and I think I'm going to have to empty the whole lot and refill. I have 2 massive bags of the stuff to get through too ..... will definitely go back to Catsan which in my opinion is the best I've found for easiness and minimal smell.
Clumps well. Tracks everywhere!
I have been using TigCanada for years because my cats took to it and it's mostly good so I was afraid of wasting money on something new that my cats wouldn't use. I'm so fed up of the tracking though. Litter gets everywhere around my house!
The different scents are nice and as long as my cats bury their business their smell is contained and it's very easy to clean out the clumps. Sometimes they break up or it can get stuck to the tray but it works fairly well. It is very dusty to pour in though.
Great clumping, tracks everywhere, sticks to cats feet :-(
I'm giving this litter 3* as I have very mixed feelings about it.
- Clumps really well, and this makes it very easy to clean the litter box.
- Nice scent, which after 2 weeks hasn't changed or become intermingled with cat pee smell, probably because it clumps so well.
- Good price as it seems to be lasting a good amount of time with 3 cats (all outdoor cats, but 2 who prefer to go indoors 99% of the time due to growing up in a desert!)
- To get it to clump so well, you need it 10-15cm deep, as suggested. My cats seem to manage to flick this everywhere as they like to have a dig before doing their business, and again afterwards. We have wooden floors so it's easy to see how far this is going.
- tracking. Not only does it get flicked everywhere, but the cats get lots stuck to their feet. Jack(cat) managed to walk it from the litter box upstairs, all the way down onto the sofa, where he then grooms himself.
- ingestion. Needless to say, with the amount of litter sticking to the cats feet, im worried about the amount they are potentially ingesting.
Overall, pleased with price, clumping and smell but unhappy with tracking, mess and potentially being ingested by the cats.
Was previously using World's Best Cat litter, which I think is expensive in comparison, and although it clumped well, the biodegradable litter did start to take on smell, even when cleaned regularly. However, tracking not such an issue, and being biodegradable is less likely to be harmful is eaten when grooming. Very tempted to switch back.