When dogs don't want to obey, this is both stressful and from time to time rather dangerous. Stopping an instinct-driven dog that ignores its owner's commands can be a challenge. But why do some dogs refuse to be obedient? How can you avoid errors in training and how can you teach your dog to be obedient?
Table of contents
- Dogs long for clear rules
- Is obedience worthwhile for your dog?
- Why do some dogs simply not obey?
- The most common reasons for canine disobedience
- Unclear commands and constant repetition
- The right timing is crucial
- Stay consistent!
- Can obedience be trained?
- Should my dog attend a dog school?
- What obedience training options are out there?
- When should your dog be on its lead?
- Success depends on you