The term “obedience training” is considered the high level of dog training and is offered in dog schools like agility. It originated from the American Kennel Club, a registered association for pedigree lineages in the US. Obedience training originally comes from utility dog sport (police and personal protection).
Table of contents
- How do I teach my dog the basic commands?
- What training tools does the American Kennel Club recommend?
- Things to know about the history and development of dog training
- What is the difference between obedience training and obedience trials?
- How long does obedience training generally last?
- Are all types of training equally suited to all dogs?
- What should be taken into account with participating in competitions?