Table of contents
- How to Calm Barking Dogs
- How much barking is normal?
- Why do dogs bark?
- Barking due to insecurity
- Barking due to frustration and boredom
- Barking due to pain
- How can I break my dog’s habit of barking?
- More sport, less barking
- Physical and mental stimulation is key
- Give your dog a sense of security
- 5 tips to train a barking dog
- Stay calm and be consistent
- Adaptil Diffuser
- When dog schools can be worth it
How to Calm Barking Dogs
“Their bark is worse than their bite.” This proverb may sound comforting, but barking dogs don’t just take their toll on your nerves, but on your neighbours’ too. But why do dogs actually bark? And can this annoying yapping be stopped?
Of course, barking is part of a dog’s identity and is its way of expressing itself. But when dogs don’t stop barking and yapping over a long period of time, you should sit up and take notice: if your dog barks excessively, a serious behavioural disorder could be behind it.