Table of contents
- Female Dogs in Heat
- What you should know about the heat period
- The four phases of heat
- Peculiarities of the first heat phase
- When is the heat phase interrupted?
- Do dogs go through the menopause?
- How can I recognise my dog's fertile period?
- How do I avoid a pregnancy?
- Do I need heat diapers/dog nappies?
- Should I get my female dog spayed?
Female Dogs in Heat
Although the heat period is an entirely natural process for female dogs, irritation at stains on the new carpet, fear of an unwanted pregnancy or their pet's strange behaviour can cause many dog owners to worry. Find out here everything you need to know about your female dog's heat period and how you can both overcome this without any stress.