Table of contents
- Leishmaniasis for Dogs
- What is leishmaniasis?
- How is leishmaniasis transmitted?
- Effects of climate change
- Can I protect my dog from leishmaniasis?
- How you can prevent your dog from getting bitten by a sandfly
- Is there a vaccine against leishmaniasis?
- Vaccination scheme and precautionary measures
- Should I get my dog vaccinated against leishmaniasis?
- How do I recognise if my dog already has leishmaniasis?
- Signs of leishmaniasis:
- What are the treatment possibilities after diagnosis?
- Medicinal treatment
- Life with leishmaniasis
Leishmaniasis for Dogs
Leishmaniasis is an infectious disease transmitted by sandflies and can often prove fatal for dogs. Find out how you can protect your dog and how to recognise and treat the disease should it emerge.