Fight like cats and dogs? On an idiomatic level, dogs and cats can't stand each other. The two squabblers can live together peacefully and very happily though – as long as a few rules are observed. Find out here what these rules are and what tricks are needed for cat and dog cohabitation to work.
Table of contents
- What preconditions must be fulfilled?
- The first cat and dog encounter needs to be planned
- Who's right for whom?
- Who was there first?
- Home arrangements
- Creating possibilities for retreat
- Food bowls and cat toilet
- First familiarisation with smells and noises
- How does the first encounter proceed?
- On the lead, set, go!
- Stress and fear upon first contact
- How long does it take to get dog and cat used to one another?
- Cat and dog learn to get on
- The way to a well-functioning team