Dogs are pack animals and being alone is not in their nature. But don't worry, as dogs can learn to stay alone. We have summarised how this works and the best time for training dogs to stay by themselves.
Table of contents
- Why are dogs scared of staying alone?
- Separation anxiety or loss of control?
- Why is it important for your dog to learn to stay alone?
- How long can dogs stay at home alone?
- The best time for training dogs to stay alone
- Training in seven stages: How your dog learns to stay alone
- How long does training last?
- When do I need help from experts?
- Conclusion: Every dog can learn to stay alone