Persian, Siamese, Maine Coon or British Shorthair – no matter which breed you decide on, if you want a real pedigree kitten, the only option is to find a reputable cat breeder. But how do you know that your chosen breeder is really serious, and that their kittens are healthy? To make sure you’ve made the right choice, we’ve put together 10 questions that you should ask your breeder.
Table of contents
- Are you sure you are suited to being a cat owner?
- Does it need to be a certain breed, or definitely a kitten?
- 10 important questions for breeders:
- Can I come and visit you?
- Where do the cats live with you?
- May I look at the kittens?
- Can I see the mother cat?
- When can I take the kitten home?
- Are the kittens vaccinated and wormed?
- Can I see the cat’s papers?
- Why did you choose this cat breed?
- How much does a kitten cost, and is there a sales contract?
- What tips can you give me about diet and care?