Dog toysHave fun while keeping your dog healthy & active
What are some of the benefits of using dog toys?
Physical exercise: Too many dogs spend way too much time indoors these days, particularly in the towns and cities. Dogs are descended from wild animals that were accustomed to constant movement and activity in their natural habitat. That's why it's essential that pet dogs get regular daily exercise. Toys offer a great way to keep your dog active. This helps prevent the onset of obesity, diabetes, arthritis or other diseases that can be caused by too little activity.
Mental stimulation: Dogs are highly intelligent creatures. They can get bored just like their human companions. Dog toys that stimulate their natural creativity and curiosity are a great way to keep them happy. It has been shown that playing games can reduce stress, boredom, loneliness and anxiety. If your dog is kept physically and mentally fit, he'll be the most faithful, fun companion you've ever had.
Bonding: Dogs are highly sociable, loving animals, but they need to feel like they belong to a family or pack. Playtime and bonding with their owners is massively important to them. Interactive play with humans or other dogs provides the perfect opportunity for dogs to nurture their social side. Make sure to regularly set aside time for bonding with your dog. Playing with your dog with toys can be therapeutic for both of you, providing a fun way to wind down from daily stress & fatigue.
Strong teeth: Toys can also keep your dog's teeth clean, which is a huge plus since brushing your dog's teeth can be really tough. Chewing not only stimulates saliva production maintaining healthy gums, it also strengthens jaws and keeps teeth sharp.
Still confused as to what toy would be the best one for your dog?
See our selection check list, which can help you make up your mind:
1. Size: Use common sense when purchasing dog toys. If your dog is small, medium, or large, remember to buy accordingly. Prevent choking by not choosing too small toys that are easy to swallow.
2. Materials & durability: Observe your dog's behaviour and determine if it prefers to chew, bury, tear, cuddle or carry objects. Choose durable materials for chewing toys, soft materials for cuddling, light materials for carrying, natural materials for burying.
3. Safety: Check that toys do not have small parts that might cause your dog to choke. Read the labels and check that they contain no hazardous materials.
4. Easy to clean: Finding toys that are water-proof and/or washable makes life a lot easier.
Toy types: With so many types of toys on the market, it can sometimes prove confusing choosing the best one.
Here's a brief overview of some of the toys available to you at zooplus:
- Squeaker Toys: great to keep your dog entertained for hours. They are machine-washable and great for fetch games.
- KONG Toys: made with natural rubber, these tough dog toys are perfect for dogs that like chewing. Bouncy toys are perfect for playtime. They have a hollow centre that can be stuffed with food. Easy to clean.
- Floating Toys: perfect toys for dogs that love playing in water.
- Throw & Fetch Toys: classical fetch game toys including the ever popular frisbee toys.
- Ropes & Rings: rope and ring dog toys for tug-o-war and pulling games.
- Intelligence Toys: stimulate your dog mentally and train its memory with these puzzles & creative toys.
- Chewing Toys: perfect for both teething puppies and dogs that like to chew.
Whether your dog is training for a dog agility competition, or the two of you just like training for fun, the Zooplus selection of interative dog agility & dog sport equipment will help keep your dog fit and well-behaved. This section offers many interactive dog toys and gear to help you with training your pet. After a few weeks of practice your pup will jump through hoops, hurdle through obstacles and navigate the slalom like a pro.
We also have toys for your cat at zooplus.Back to the top