Dog cratesLife made easy for traveling dogs (and their owners)
Are you always on the move and having to take your dog along? Many Dog Owners find that using a Dog Transport Crate will make the journey easier and more relaxing for their dogs and themselves.
Here's a few things to consider before purchasing a crate:
Size: Measure your dog's height & length from Paw to Ears and Nose to Tail. The crate should be at least 6 inches longer & taller than your dog to give it enough space to turn round completely. If your dog is still a puppy consider purchasing a crate that is a couple of sizes larger and is compatible with or comes with a divider that will adapt as your puppy grows.
Material: We offer crates in 3 types of materials: fabric (soft), metal, or plastic.
Soft crates are especially good for local traveling or to have a home away from home place to sleep for your pet. Most fold up for easy storage at home or in the car and they are soft and comfortable often with extra padding and lining materials. They do however require frequent washing to remove odours & dog hair.
Metal crates are solid, durable and sturdy and offer plenty of fresh air and ventilation when the weather gets hot. They can be a bit heavier than their plastic counterparts but are ideal to leave in place in your car's boot for frequent use. Most include a easy to clean plastic tray and can be easily wiped down.
Plastic crates are suitable for long distances and flight transport, they are light and easy to wash. They are generally not as durable as metal crates and tend to be used more for smaller dogs and other pets. They do offer less air circulation in the summer but are great for dogs who dislike travel and like to hide away when travelling.
Choose among the following options:
- Customer Favourites: find a selection of our Top Rated dog carriers and crates according to our customers. Check out our customer reviews & ratings to help you find the best crate for your dog.
- Soft Crates: cosy & warm, these crates will be your dog's favourite place to rest while away from home.
- Metal Dog Cages & Crates: spacious & large. Choose the best size for your dog.
- Plastic Crates: great for travel. Choose from various colours & sizes.
- Air Travel Crates: these crates are 100% compliant with flight transport regulations for pets.
If you are driving to your destination see our variety of dog travel accessories.
Looking for something additional for your dog? Go back to the main dog category in our shop.Back to the top