Dog ClippersKeep your dog perfectly primped
Here are some helpful tips when choosing the right pet clippers for your dog:
Blade Length:How thick is your dog's fur? Does your dog have an undercoat? What length do you want your dog's hair to be? These are important questions to ask yourself when choosing dog grooming clippers to ensure you buy the correct blade length.
Detailing:Check to see if the blade has an adjustable cutting length. It is also worth considering whether you would be more comfortable using dog grooming scissors around sensitive areas, like the dog's face and ears.
Speed Settings:The speed settings on the dog hair clipper are very important; lower cycles per minute (e.g. 3100) are ideal for fine fur or shearing to the skin, while higher cycles per minute (e.g. 4100) are perfect for thick fur.
Usability:The weight of the clippers, the length of the cord and whether the design is non-slip or not are all important factors to bear in mind when purchasing dog clippers.
When grooming your dog, do not forget to:
Maintain your blades: You should apply oil to the clipper blades regularly during continuous use - every 3-4 minutes is the optimum. The blades will wear out more quickly if there is insufficient oil between the metal surfaces.
Clean your dog: Matted/sandy/dirty fur may dull the razor blades. It is recommended that you ensure your dog's fur is clean and dry before you begin grooming.
Top-Selling Dog Grooming Products:
- Moser Dog Clippers max50: These powerful clippers are made in Germany and offer an extra high-quality performance.
- Oster Clipper Golden A5: Suitable for personal and professional use, with up to two different speed settings.
- Pet Clipper 9000 with Clipper Blade: Very reliable clippers with two speed settings - budget-friendly!
- Mini Pet Trimmer CP-1178: Compact design which is easy to use and ideal for grooming sensitive areas.
- Oster Premium Grooming Shears: High-quality grooming shears, with sharp, premium blades.
- Special Blade Oil for Electric Clippers: This blade oil is simple to use and should be used sparingly - a little drop of this oil goes a long way!
Makeovers can be hungry work! Why not pamper your pet to some delicious dog treats and related offers in our shop?Back to the top